I "knew" all this, I swear to you I did.
But here is when being an optimist just... sucks.
In the period of the 6 weeks or so that the restaurant has been open the following has happened:
- Banana had a game an hour away. She didn't have her elbow pads or mouthgaurd.
- They have eaten more junky, fast food than I care to admit.
- They have become entitled and expect drinks and junk at ice rinks.
- I had to explain to the Kindergarten teacher that The Chef and I haven't split, Sundays are the only day he really sees his dad anymore.
- Butter got sent home from school for telling his teacher to get bent.
- They see a weakness, and are poking Momma till Momma roars.
I wasn't ready for... this ... and I am a "give me two weeks notice so I can process all of this" kinda girl. This blindsided me. I had convinced myself that it was going to be ok...
The babes and I are faring.
But damn I didn't think my stress level was going to be at the "red alert" stage... all the time
And because I was unprepared for exactly how this was going to change my family dynamic, I have over compensated on somethings, and went stagnant for others. I have made some iffy decisions, and have found the "do not cross" line.
Now that I do know how this has affected the 6 of us, I KNOW it.
I just have a feeling I'm going to have to stock up on some red bull.