Thursday, May 20, 2010

10 years






10 years ago today at 9 in the morning, I was trying to put something on my stomach to calm the butterflies.

10 years ago today at 10:30 in the morning, I was getting my nails done.

10 years ago today at 11:30 in thr morning, my hair was being put up into my veil.

10 years ago today at 12:30 in the afternoon, I was putting on hose and making faces at my mother as she kept taking picture after picture.

10 years ago today at 1 in the afternoon, I was getting my makeup done, and putting on a beaded white gown.

10 years ago today at 2:15 in the afternoon, my dad and I were engrossed in nervous small talk.

10 years ago today at 2:20 in the afternoon, my dad told me that I could still back out if I wanted too.

10 years ago today at 2:30 in the afternoon, my dad walked me down the white runner to where my future husband waited.

10 years ago today at 3 in the afternoon, my husband kissed me for the first time, and it tickled my toes.

Today, 10 years after we promised to be with each other through the good times and the bad, we have made it. We have been shaken… but we have never fallen. We have had trials… but we have survived.

I love him so much more now than I did 10 years ago. I have found out what a strong man he is. When I have been at rock bottom, he has helped me up. He is my sounding board, my calm when a storm hits.

He's an awesome father, a wonderful husband, and an extraordinary man…

Here's to another 10 years, and 10 after that, and 10 after that, until forever and a day comes.













No comments:

Post a Comment